For Admin Only
- Create a new database with a descriptive name. This will become your blog overall topic. Note that you have to be the admin and must fill-in the secret password. For example to create a new db with title -> My 2004 Blog :
Note: If your site does not permit you to create ms access file, you may have to create db folder and Wikiasp.db manually. You can download the empty WIKIASP.MDB here. Unzip, rename it ( for example, to My2004Blog.mdb ) and upload the mdb file to the db folder.
- If the password is incorrect, there will be no error messages, but you will be taken to the home page.
- Create entry in that database a you would normally do. Normally blog entries are in reversed date order.
- Download a good RSS reader such as SharpReader and subscribe to the blog. To get the URL simple drag and drop the XML icon at the footer of a wiki page. You can also copy the short cut of the RSS link in the footer.
- There you go, a simple blog under your control using Wiki Asp
Thanks for using Wiki Asp.
Note: Mozilla Firefox has a very nice RSS Aggregator extension. You might like to try it.